V60 Daily Driver
This recipe is based on a Kalita Wave recipe I’ve learned while doing a workshop at Brew Lab in Edinburgh. It works just as well with a V60, and I use it with whatever brewer I so happen to fancy (and have filters for) at the time.
Coffee: 19g Water: 300g Brew time: ~3 minutes
- Heat your water to ~95°C
- While the water is heating, grind your coffee beans medium coarse
- Put the paper filter into the V60, the V60 on top of your mug (or caraffe), and rinse with ~100g of hot water
- Pour the water out and zero the scale
- Add your grounds to the V60 and add double the amount of water, or ~40g.
Let it bloom for 30 seconds.
- After the bloom phase, add water up to 100g and wait to 1:00
- Add another 50g of water, wait to 1:30
Now we add 25g every 10 seconds.
At 2:00, we’re at 225g
At 2:30, we’re at 300g and at the end of our brew.
The rest of the water should be drained out of the coffee bed around the 3 minute mark.